Custodian Assaulted at Walnut-Locust Station on Broad Street Line
2022 13th Annual Taking Care of Our Own Golf Outing
Union Resolves Red Arrow Contract Dispute At Arbitration & More TWU Local 234 News
Election for Local 234 Officers & Executive Board Members & More TWU Local 234 News
TWU LOCAL 234 NEWS BULLETIN
Senators Introduce Bill to Crack Down on Union Busting & More TWU Local 234 News
SEPTA Risks Losing Federal Funds Over Joint Safety Committee
2022 Daryl F. Mack Scholarship Winners
Statement of Brian Pollitt, President TWU, Local 234, before the Pennsylvania Senate Transportation Committee, May 9, 2022
Deadline Near For Daryl Mack Scholarship Program & More Local 234 Updates
Audit of “Dependents” Getting Medical Benefits With SEPTA
Those Who Don’t Learn From The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
TWU Local 234 Members Respond In Time Of Need
A rider loses consciousness and is about to fall off a train on the Market Frankford line with the train moving. The rider can’t get himself back in the car. The risk is great, but two Local 234 members Section Officer Terence Ledwell and Shane Harvey took charge of the situation by pulling the rider back onto the train---no doubt, saving his life. Their brave action is testament to the good character of many transit workers.
Hats Off to Brothers Ledwell and Harvey
Manager Sets Up “Committee” On Working Conditions In Violation Of The Law
13TH ANNUAL TWU LOCAL 234 “TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN GOLF OUTING”
MCDs Throw Shade At SEPTA’s Sandwich & Cookie Lunch
Registering Fares Is Good, Demanding Fares Not So Good
Joint Committee on Employee Morale Gets Off to a Good Start
TWU Local 234 President Brian Pollitt (second from left) and TWU Local 2015 President Chris Thomas (second from right) with Senator Tom Carpenter (left) and Delaware Governor John Carney (right) and United States Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg (center)
Union Plans to Address Issues Effecting Employee Morale
SEPTA FIRES OPERATOR, BUT IGNORES CRIMINAL ASSAULT
Managerial Incompetence Goes Way Back, But It’s Rarely Been This Bad
Those Who Are Ignorant Of The Past Are Condemned To Repeat It
Upper Darby Breaking News
Too Many SEPTA Managers Want To Run The Place Like A Prison
TWU International 2022 Michael J. Quill Scholarship
TWU Local 234 Leadership with The United States Secretary Of Transportation Pete Buttigieg
Contract Ratification Message From TWU Local 234 President Willie Brown
DEVRYU PARTNERSHIP BENEFITS FOR Employees and Family Members of SEPTA
If starting, continuing or expanding your degree is of interest, please know that the DeVryU Education Partnership offers Partner Benefits to get you started. Partner Benefits include:
- Application fee Waiver
- 3-credit-hour course for academic credit at no tuition cost*
- 25% Tuition Savings
- Benefits also extend to Dependent Family members**
It’s easy to connect! Please visit www.devryworks.com/johnc to learn more
TWU Local 234's Coronavirus Safety Demands
- Require temperature screening for all employees upon entering the premises. Anyone testing 100.4 degrees or higher to be sent home with pay.
- Establish transparency in contact tracing for anyone exposed to individuals who show symptoms (i.e. fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or test positive for the virus.
- Enforce public health distancing guidelines by scheduling maintenance employees to four days on and three days off, at full pay.
- Conduct daily air quality testing on all vehicles prior to being placed in revenue service.
- To ensure required social distancing, limit to fifteen the number of riders permitted to board SEPTA vehicles and reduce the headway on routes where necessary to accommodate rider demand.
- Quarantine employees with pay who suffer from underlying medical conditions that can lead to death if they contract the virus.
- All deaths of workers as a result of the coronavirus should be deemed to have suffered a work-related injury, entitling their eligible heirs to workers’ compensation benefits.
- SEPTA should pay the families of all workers who die as a result of the coronavirus the death benefit provided for under Section 802 of the labor agreement.
Union Tackling Cashier Issues Head On
TWU Local 234's New Benefit Hub Is Now Live
Please Use Our Unique Referal Code: 857HGQ
The "Local" Newsletter Issue 2